Friday, August 26, 2011

Cornwall, UK July 2011


Another business trip, this time in Coventry, so I decided to recover from jetlag in Cornwall. Went there a few years ago with Val, and discovered this incredible stone circle there I've been wanting to go back to ever since. One of my business colleagues also lives in Cornwall, so after spending the night near Heathrow, I drove out to Falmouth to meet him for lunch.

Then I went to visit the stone circle... Boscawen -un. There is a tiny place to pull over off the road, then through the sheep gate, and about 1/4 mile down the path is the circle.



Next I went to the tip of Cornwall, and headed North along the coast and stopped at Sennen Cove, just gorgeous!




Next stop was St. Just, and I ate at this little pub...

Then I set off to find the Men-an-Tol... came across a tomb by the road...



I had to park and then hike about 2 miles to get to the site, down a long dirt road with no signs or anything indicating it was the right direction... finally found some locals who told me I was going in the right direction.








Drove on and was going to go to St. Ives, but it's a ritzy resort, and the traffic going in was crazy, so I decided to skip it... I like the south coast, Penzance, Marazion, etc and small towns more than the established resorts.




View of St. Michael's Mount and Marazion... This is an island at high tide, with a walkway over to it during low tide...


So back to Penzance... The view outside my window was of a pub with an interesting statue on the roof...
Next day, drove up to Coventry...



No comments: