Friday, November 12, 2010

Gardening

To my surprise, I have really been enjoying landscaping and gardening in my new house... Well, it's been a year that I've been here now, and around 300 days/year, it's between 70 and 77 degrees, so I'm loving that. Here it is in November, and my azaleas decided to bloom again (some of them never really stopped since last April).

I took out the scrappy lawn and huge, messy tree in the front, and planted it in all drought-resistant plants. It's a work in progress... and not much blooming this time of year...







Back yard was a small patio and some bare dirt... I put in a raised flower bed along the retaining wall, and then expanded the patio up to the flower bed. Now, instead of 2 feet of concrete outside my bedroom sliding door, I have a space where I can put my 2 lounge chairs and read, and the main patio is larger for my table and 6 chairs. Pics were taken last April, and lots has changed...








I'm also really enjoying the hummingbirds and other birds who seem to love my fountain. In fact, here is a hummingbird seemingly dancing to Pearl Jam in the background...


No comments: