Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stockholm, October 2010

I had to go to business conferences in Stockholm, and in Florida 3 days later, so rather than fly all the way home just to get on a plane 2 days later to fly to Florida, I decided to spend the 3 days in Europe. Since I'd been to Sweden, I was thinking of Finland, or even Estonia... but it was cold in Northern Europe, and then I found out my cousin Gary, his wife Sandy, and her parents were also going to Europe around that time, to Paris, Lourdes and Barcelona. So I decided to spend the 3 days in Barcelona... Gary and co wouldn't arrive until the night before I had to leave, but we went to dinner and it was fun!

The weekend after Florida, was Pearl Jam at the Bridge Concert... my itinerary was so complicated, even United had to break it up into 2 portions, the international portion and the domestic portion.

First stop Stockholm... I managed to find some time to take a 1 hour cruise around the islands which the city is built on. What a lovely city! And being Fall, the leaves were all turning, and it was a brisk (45 degrees) sunny day.

















Not a pile of wood, but a sculpture in a park...










No comments: